The Gift by Frieda McFadden


Genre: Thriller
Format: Digital
Pages: 53
Start Date: July 23rd, 2023
End Date: July 23rd, 2023
Overall: ★★★★ 
Character Development: ★★★ 
Ending: ★★ 
Recommend: 

 🚨 May Contain Spoilers, Continue at Your Own Risk 🚨

This was my first ever “novelette”. We wanted to pick something short & sweet in December because we know you’re busy - this book was exactly that. Just set aside an hour or so for yourself & you can finish this book! 

I wasn’t sure what I was expecting, but I didn’t think it would end the way that it did! I didn’t think there was time to into a story that way. Stella sacrificed her hair, something she loved dearly, to provide the perfect gift for her husband. Would you have done that? No, maybe that is selfish but I don’t think sacrificing your happiness to try & create happiness for your partner is healthy. If we didn’t have money, I would try to show my affection some other way. When do you think Stella started to really regret her decision to cut her hair? Immediately, but I think Stella was hopeful that she’d made the perfect sacrifice. Her internal dialog when she saw the kitchen & then her gift being that mess & burnt brownies were the nail in the coffin, literally. It was never specifically said that Stella killed her husband, but implied. Do you think the old woman believed she did? If so, why don’t you think she had a stronger reaction to that realization? I think she saw it as an out for her daughter without hurting her. If you’re a parent, would you have gone to such extremes for your daughter? No, I’d be disappointed in her actions. If she knew he was a married man, she should have encouraged him being honest with his wife PRIOR to starting a relationship with her. If she found out after the fact, I would expect her to end it and/or notify the wife. #GirlCode 








Comments

Popular Posts