To Die For by Lisa Gray

Genre: Thriller, Suspense
Format: Digital
Pages: 329
Start Date: July 1st, 2023
End Date: July 3rd, 2023

Overall: ★★★★
Character Development: ★★★
Ending: ★★
Recommend: Yes

🚨 Contains Spoilers, Continue at Your Own Risk 🚨

I got this book free from the "Read it First" program with Amazon Prime, I was excited to see two thriller options & I picked them both! If you're unfamiliar with this program like I was until about a week ago, you get two FREE books via your Prime Membership sent straight to your e-book, 10/10 reccommend, it's a great way to branch out with genres (even though I absolutely did not 😂).

This gave me serious Selling Sunset vibes, if you haven't seen it - get your booty over to Netflix & check it out. It's a good "mindless" tv show to binge & you'll also see the connections I did, probably - idk. Now to get on with the book, I liked how the author didn't reveal right away who the victim was. I think the suspense of trying to figure out who it was removed the "try & solve the case before the book is over" - everyone tries to solve it themselves, right? It can't just be me.

All eyes are on Andi throughout the story, she was envied by her co-workers, favored by the developer for reasons not revealed until later into the book. But at Saint Realty the competition is cutthroat. People who work together day-to-day are all willing to throw one another to the wolves to get their grubby little paws on the million dollar cash prize. 

Were you also suspicious of Andi when you found out that it was her Father in the pool? She was on my suspect list, but she had come so far from her childhood & had so much going for her I felt like it wasn’t something she was capable of. Were you shocked when you found out who the murderer was? I wasn’t shocked at who, but more in shock of how it all went down. Why do you think Andi’s Father was reaching out so late in life? Do you think he had regrets on what happened to her Mother? Or do you think that somewhere deep down he cared for his daughter? I think he probably did care for her, maybe not to the same degree most parents do. Maybe the house was his olive branch? Maybe he just wanted to set her up to be successful, but knew she wouldn’t just accept a check from him - that she needed to earn it herself. 


Next Book:
The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins

Comments

Popular Posts