Lavender Letters by Ayla Simone


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: Digital
Pages: 140
Start Date: July 14th, 2023
End Date: July 14th, 2023
Overall: ★★★★
Character Development: ★★
Ending: ★★★
Pace: Quick
Recommend: Yes

I absolutely loved the storyline following Delphina, Winston, & Theo - but I didn’t really enjoy details into Celine’s life at all & would have preferred to skip her back story completely, maybe just have had Ezra stumble upon the boxes & help us unfold her story in place of Celine? It’s not that Celine wasn’t interesting I guess, just more that I fell in love with Delphina’s story & would have preferred to focus on only that. I do love the intro to Delphina’s life with the boxes & letters, the little bit of mystery & the step by step into revealing the details. I absolutely loved that the ending was a big reveal, one I suspected right away, but that still didn’t ruin the ending for me. What the ending a surprise for you? As I mentioned, I wasn’t totally surprised but I was heartbroken for these men who weren’t able to be together & for Delphina being deceived by the two important people in her life. What were your thought about Delphina, did you think she was a gold digger? Sadly, to some degree I do think that she was a gold digger. With that said, I’m not sure there were a ton of options for women from her standing in that timeframe. I don’t think it made her a bad person to want more from life than what she was born into. I do think ultimately she was a kind person, looking to catch a break in a sense. Winston & Delphina were obviously close, were you curious as why they’d never dated? I think the author did a really good job of leaving just enough mystery around the topic. Almost making you believe that it was purely because he didn’t have anything to offer Delphina in the way of lifestyle & not because he was in love with someone else himself. Why do you think Delphina stayed with Theo even after discovering his secret? I think love comes in so many forms, that maybe marrying a friend is better than marrying anyone else. I think she was a kind & understanding person. Wanting the best for him. I also like to believe had Winston not been taken away she would have made sure they got to be together. She seemed to have a great love for them. Celine eventually falls for Ezra, are you surprised by this? Not really, they spent a lot of time together & I feel like Celine at least was at a point in life where she really wanted or needed it, so was very open to the idea of learning who Ezra was. 

I was sent an ARC of this book in exchange from my honest review. 

Comments

Popular Posts