Never Never by Colleen Hoover & Taryn Fisher


Genre: 
Fantasy, Romance
Format: Print, Paperback
Pages: 416
Start Date: March 1st, 2023
End Date: March 15th, 2023
My Ratings
Overall: ★
Character Development: ★★★
Ending: ★
Pace: Medium

Summary In My Words

Charlie & Silas keep losing their memories. They have to work together to find the solution, but the problem is that they don't even know each other. 

My Thoughts - Contains Spoilers, Continue at Your Own Risk

I am SO disappointed - I wanted to like this book because I saw that Tarryn Fisher was the co-writer, I've LOVED the books I've read written by her so far & thought if Colleen could serve that Verity type writing combined with Tarryn's it would be a sure fire hit. 

Firstly, I had NO idea it was a fantasy, so I was confused AF throughout the first half of this book (at that point I went into Goodreads to get a little info on it, I try not to do ANY research on books so that I can't be influenced). I get it, people LOVE love & putting a cute little story about finding your soulmate into the universe in theory would be a cute story - but this was just a mess. It wasn't at all clear what was going on & I can let that slide - maybe they wanted you to feel as discombobulated as the characters were being described as. But boy do I find it unrealistic that people around them wouldn't have noticed a change more rapidly. Them leaving themselves handwritten notes? These are 17 year olds in the 2020's . . . Why not just leave notes on their phones - those never leave their sides & would be found much faster than all of these silly ass locations they stashed stuff. Upload it to the cloud, duh. 

I'm no quitter, so I read the whole thing but the ending was SO disappointing. Yes, they lived happily ever after. They had a daughter . . . That daughter found her soulmate & they go through the thing her parents did . . . Mmmmm. Sweet, but I don't think that many people find their soulmate at 17 - my concerns were much larger . . . Like what jeans or cell phone I needed that week, you know the important stuff teens ACTUALLY think about.

I think there should have been less of the losing memory crap & more into that secret relationship between Charlie's Dad & his mistress - how did that go on for so long without anyone catching wind? The story about the business fraud & infidelity seemed more interesting than the story being told.

I'm Curious

  1. Did you find this book annoying? It's possible that I'm a hater & being a little to harsh, I want to hear your thoughts.

  2. How annoying did you find it that not a single person realized something was off with Charlie or Silas?

  3. Were you satisfied with the ending? 

Next BookThe Soulmate by Sally Hepworth

Comments

Popular Posts