The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood


Genre:
 Contemporary Romance
Format: Paperback, Print
Pages: 356
Start Date: January 19th, 2023
End Date: January 23rd, 2023
My Ratings
Overall: ★★★
Character Development: ★★★
Ending: ★★
Spice Level: 🌶🌶
Readability: Lighthearted, Fast Paced

Summary In My Words

Olive Smith is a good friend, but a not so great liar. She comes up with a hair brained scheme to convince her friend that she's dating someone . . . Little did she know that the someone was the LAST person she wanted to be connected to. To add to the mess - he's on board to help her - but what he gets out of this deal, Olive has no idea.

My Thoughts - Contains Spoilers, Continue at Your Own Risk

I won't sugar coat it, I was immediately annoyed with Olive - & maybe it isn't her character, but that I can't fully get into romance stories (I'm trying!). You could make a drinking game out of the amount of times the word "academia" or the description of Adam being "so big, tall, large, etc" *insert eye roll* was mentioned. Can we talk about how Olive is described as being 5'8" -- how fricking tall was this dude? I'll give the author a pass on the academia thing, because I like that she is depicting a smart woman falling in love & not some nitwit I feel like are usually the characters of these Hallmark stories. HOWEVER - with that said, I feel like Olive was kinda dumb anyhow . . . What person lies to their best friend about a guy she went on a couple dates with (her calling him an "ex" was a stretch IMO, but pop off queen)? 

There is one sex scene, it's mild spice compared to what I've heard about some other books out there (dare me to read one? (cringe) Tell me in the comments!) - but it was enough to make me cringe. 

Now this wasn't all bad, after I get the ridiculous parts out of my system the story is cute. Don't we all want a guy (or gal)to be with us so badly they'd stage a fake relationship & treat us like queens? Of course we do. Find yourself an Adam, muscles & pushing cars not required. 

I'm Curious

  1. Was Adam tall or something? (I'm sorry, I had to)

  2. Do you think you'd ever randomly kiss a stranger to convince your friend you weren't into her crush?

  3. Would you agree to "fake date" someone? Why or why not?

  4. What do you think is the probablilty that two friends would end up dating professors? I feel like even if it wasn't against the rules technically, it feels inappropriate - what are you thoughts? 

Next BookSummer Island by Kristin Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts