The Housemaid by Frieda McFadden


Genre: 
Thriller
Format: Print, Paperback
Pages: 325
Start Date: February 23rd, 2023
End Date: February 24th, 2023
My Ratings
Overall: ★★★★★
Character Development: ★★★★★
Ending: ★★★
Suspense Level: 🔪
Readability: Easy, Fast Paced
Tiggers: Abuse, Mental Health Topics

Summary In My Words

Millie is a girl down on her luck in life, having spent the last decade of her life in prison. That is until she meets the Winchester Family. Nina Winchester cuts Millie the break she needs to get out of sleeping her in car. A well paying job with a place to stay, seems too good to be true that Millie landed the job with her criminal history but she's extremely grateful for the opportunity. 

My Thoughts - Contains Spoilers, Continue at Your Own Risk

This book was so refreshing after reading something I didn't love. THIS. IS. MY. GENRE. With that said, I knew it was the husband . . . It's always the husband, isn't it? Well, not always - but I assumed. 😂 They made Nina too wacky right off the bat, so I was immediately thinking "they want us looking at her, but that man is SUS!". 

I loved that the ending wasn't what you expected & that it leads to the sequel, which I will 100% be ordering & reading soon. I am super curious why Nina couldn't or WOULDN'T figure out another way out - without trapping someone in that hell with him. I think it touches on a very real topic about feeling trapped in domestic situations, about not being believing and not being able to get out. I have SO many questions about Andrew's mother, she seemed cold & calculating, clearly the cause for her son's issues - I'd like more background on that relationship.

I'm excited to see how Millie's character develops in the sequel. She clearly has a service that many women would be interested in, but does she ever get caught? I have to know!

I'm Curious

  1. We're you dying to know what Millie did that got her 10 years in prision? Did you like how the author revealed that information or do you wish it had come out sooner?

  2. For someone that served 10 years, did you not think it odd that her parole officer wasn't MORE involved? Wouldn't they have noticed her missing? Or wouldn't Nina have taken that into consideration when selecting her?

  3. Are you not just dying to hear about Andrew's back story? I feel like his Mother was the reason for the way he was, I'd love a more detailed look at his background.

  4. Can you believe Andrew's mother seem unphased by the death of her son? Could you imagine meeting such a cold person? Do you think her husband knew about her cruel nature?

Next BookA Slow Fire Burning by Paula Hawkins

Comments

Popular Posts